When we started planning Byte of Texas, one of the things we knew right away was that we had to have great food!
We’re lucky to be able to partner with some really great local restaurants, chefs, and vendors, and can’t wait to sink our teeth into what they have to offer.
Saturday we kick off the day with fantastic pastries from Easy Tiger Bake Shop and Beer Garden, with beverages from Chameleon Cold-Brew Coffee and Zhi Tea.
Our Local Producers Lunch is sponsored by Whole Foods Market Austin. Select producers will sharing their story while we eat a yummy lunch!
Saturday’s dinner promises to be a standout. We’re heading to Salty Sow on Manor Road for a casual party on the patio. Cocktails are being provided by Treaty Oak Distilling, and the dinner menu is shaping up to be a hit:
- Roast Whole Pig Tacos with accompaniments
- Truffle deviled eggs
- Brussels Sprout Caesar Salad
- Roasted beets w/ goat cheese
- Boudin Fritters
- Farro Salad
- Cheese, charcuterie and toast
The day starts on Sunday with mimosas with fresh cold-pressed juices and organic bubbles from Greenling, plus Chameleon Cold-Brew and tea-tails from Zhi Tea. Chef Carlos Crusco and the Texas Beef Council will be preparing breakfast tacos for us to enjoy while listening to our morning keynote. Meat, vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options will be available.
And because we can’t go more than a few hours without eating, Skull & Cakebones is bringing their delicious cupcakes Sunday afternoon. Check out these flavors!
- Bing Bong (A moist chocolate cake filled with peanut butter buttercream and topped with rich chocolate ganache. Made with local SRSLY Chocolate)
- Ginger Brew (A ginger vanilla cake infused with JK beer, topped with tangy lemon buttercream and ginger sprinkles. Made with local Jester King beer)
- Just Beet It (A dark chocolate cake stuffed with roasted beets and chocolate chips, topped with vanilla beet frosting. Made with local JBG Organic beets)
- Gin and Juice (A rosemary gin cake topped with grapefruit buttercream and pink peppercorn sprinkles. Made with local Revolution Spirits gin)
- Pecan Jack (A spiced pumpkin and brown sugar cake stuffed with pecan pie filling and topped with cinnamon buttercream)
Plus, if you attend our special Mousetrap: Pairing Texas Beers with Cheese and Preserves or the Shepherd to Chef: Lamb 101 panels, you’ll get a few extra nibbles!
Our mouths are watering just thinking about all this food. Get your full weekend, one day, or dinner only tickets today!