We’re so excited you’d like to join us! Membership in the Austin Food Blogger Alliance has many benefits, including:
- Invitations to members-only events, classes, and informational panels
- Volunteer opportunities within the Austin food community
- Blog promotion via the AFBA website, Twitter feed, and Facebook page
- Invitation to join the members-only Facebook group
- Monthly newsletter with news, event announcements, and more
- The opportunity to connect with more than 100 like-minded Austin food writers
- and more!
We have a few rules for potential members to keep in mind. Please make sure toread the following guidelines carefully, as all applicants must meet each criterion for acceptance.
- Must live in Central Texas (Travis County or the counties immediately adjacent; residents of Dallas, Houston, or San Antonio do not qualify)
- Must have, or contribute to, a blog, with at least two pieces of original content about a food related topic posted by you each month for at least the four most recent consecutive months leading up to your application (For example, if you apply May 1, you will need at least two posts in each of January, February, March, and April.)
- Writing on content aggregator sites, such as Yelp, Urbanspoon, Tasted Menu, Foodspotting, etc. does not qualify for membership
- Writers for group blogs, professional bloggers, and bloggers in the food business are encouraged to apply, but must meet all other criteria
- Blog posts that are the result of sponsorships, free media events, product reviews, and other company partnerships count toward the minimum requirement, however, all such posts must clearly disclose any affiliation, free product, or possible bias, as outlined by the FTC Endorsement Guides.
- Dues are $25 per calendar year. New members will be invoiced after they receive their acceptance letter. Members will have 60 days to pay dues, with monthly reminders, before forfeiting membership.
- Members must read and agree to adhere to the Code of Ethics. Members in violation of the Code of Ethics will be subject to review and possible removal from AFBA.
Still interested? Please fill out the application below. Applications are reviewed bi-monthly, and you should hear about the status of your application within two weeks. If you would like to check on the status of your application, or have other questions regarding membership, please contact email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org