Ask and ye MAY receive! At this months Austin Food Blogger Alliance Board meeting, Megan, our membership chair and blogger at Stetted, asked me to share a list of all of the folks who participated in the Austin to Boston Food Swap. I’m keeping a tally of all the bloggers who write about the #atxbos experience here, but thought the complete list deserved its own space.
- Austin Gastronomist, @atxgastronomist
- Bake Me Away, @bakemeaway
- Bite of Austin, @biteofaustin
- Blinded by the Bite, @blindedbite
- Boxing Octopus, @boxingoctopus
- The Clothes Make the Girl, @melicious11
- Epicuriosities, @christy111luv
- Food Good Laundry Bad, @evinschmevin
- Forgiving Martha, @forgivingmartha
- From Maggie’s Farm, @frommaggiesfarm
- Girl Eats World, @lindaeatsworld
- Girl Gone Grits, @girlgonegrits
- Grubbus, @GrubbusAllOver
- Home with Mandy, @homewithmandy
- The Kid Can Cook, @thekidcancook
- Kitschn Calamities, @jkru
- Lonely Gourmet, @lonelygourmet
- Luvs2Eat, @Luvs2EatBlog
- Mike Galante, @mikegalante
- Rebeccamendations, @Rbcammendations
- Relish Austin and The Feminist Kitchen, @broylesa
- Shoestring Austin, @shoestringatx
- Slow Down and Savor, @slowdownsavor
- Tasty Touring, @tastytouring
- Trailer Food Diaries, @trailerfood or @tiffanyharelik
- You Stay Hoppy Austin, @stayhoppyaustin
- Bakeaholic Mama, @BakeaholicMama
- Battlemouth, @battlemouth
- Bite Me New England, @Janis_Tester
- Blunder Construction, @blunderblog
- Boston Food Swap, @bosswappers
- Cave Cibum, @cavecibum
- Creative Soul in Motion, @IamCre8tiveSoul
- Eat Live Blog, @renh77
- Eating the Week, @eatingtheweek
- Farm Share Stories, @teresaelsey
- Fork it Over Boston, @blumie
- From Seed to Stomach, @frseed2stomach
- Grown Away, @frekky
- Healthy Food for Living, @foodforliving
- The Hungry Crafter, @hungrycrafter
- Kathy Can Cook, @kathycancook
- Kiss My Glass Boston, @kissmyglasswine
- Kitchen Misfit, @kitchenmisfit
- Lena on the Beach, @lenaonthebeach
- Made by Frances, @lindsfrances
- The Mighty Rib, @themightyrib
- Pickles ‘n Honey, @picklesnhoney
- Pop Bop Shop, @mollygaller
- Savory Flavors, @michellet11
- That Really Frosts Me
- This is Not a Martini, @Thsisntamartini
- Wine Me a River, @winemeariver
Looking forward to the next swap!
-Jodi Bart, Tasty Touring
The Austin to Boston Food Swap has been a huge success! With 27 AFBA members, and 54 total participants, it’s been a blast to see what everyone is sending and receiving. We are loving reading the tweets (hashtag #atxbos) and blog posts that are starting to come in on the Austin to Boston Food Swap. We’ll use this space to post all the blog posts that go up about the experience.
Tuesday, Jan. 24
- Erin of Boston’s Creative Soul in Motion models her apron from Trailer Food Diaries’ Tiffany, and gives away a book to one lucky reader!
Monday, Jan. 16
- Tara of Boston’s Wine Me a River on the selection of beers she sent to Matt of You Stay Hoppy Austin, and the BBQ and beer selection he sent to her.
Sunday, Jan. 15
- Andrea, who blogs at Boston’s From Seed to Stomach, on her sweet and spicy-filled care package exchange with Rebecca of Rebeccamendations.
Monday, Jan. 9
- Rachel of Fork it Over, Boston, co-organizer of the Austin to Boston Food Swap,on the wonderful treats she sent to Jodi of Tasty Touring
- Pam of Cave Cibum on the goodies she exchanged with Kristina of Girl Gone Grits
Sunday, Jan. 8
- AFBA member Jessica of Bake Me Away on the savory goodies shes sent to Ryan of This is Not a Martini
Wednesday, Jan. 4
- AFBA member Matt of You Stay Hoppy Austin on the care packages he exchanged with Tara of Wine Me a River. Matt sent Tara local beers and BBQ rub and sauce, and Tara sent Matt five local beers from the NE. And one hot sauce. Great minds think alike!
Monday, Jan. 2
- AFBA member Mandy of Bite of Austin on her Austin and beer-lover care package for Michelle of Boston’s Savory Flavors.
Sunday, Jan. 1
- AFBA member Melanie of MyRubberbandball on Jo of Hungry Crafter, her perfect swap match in more ways than one.
- AFBA member Jodi of Tasty Touring on the packages she exchanged with fellow #ATXBOS organizer Rachel of Boston Food Bloggers and Fork it over Boston
Saturday, Dec. 31
- AFBA member Julie of Kitschn Calamities on her Austin/Michigan goodies for pen pal Halley of Blunder Construction and a grateful heart
Thursday, Dec. 29
- AFBA member John of Luvs 2 Eat on the goodies he and his wife and blogging partner sent to Boston! They include a Don’t Mess with Texas post card, state of Texas cookie cutter, Alamo cookies, Salt Lick dry rub, Texas White Trash, Lammes Longhorns, and much more!
Wednesday, Dec. 28
- AFBA member and Statesman food writer Addie Broyles on our #AFBA swap by the numbers, and the packages she swapped with Lindsey Frances of Made By Frances.
Saturday, Dec. 24
- Molly from Pop. Bop.Shop. on the thoughtful care package she received from Mel of Mel’s Meals that included a copy of Mel’s book on the Texas Roller Girls, a chewy pecan treat, strawberry-jalapeno preserves, and a belt-buckle made by her neighbor.
Thursday, Dec. 22
- AFBA member Laurie of The Lonely Gourmet sent her Boston buddy Leslie some Texas chili mix, peach salsa, queso, a “Keep Austin Weird” bumper sticker, a “Don’t Mess with Texas” patch, and a T-shirt.
- Katie of Slow Down and Savour, an AFBA member, sent her buddy Mike some local beef jerky, chili mix, rib rub, three kinds of salsa, pecan sauce, coffee, wine, nacho chips, and Edible Austin. Lucky guy!
- Kat of Eating the Week on the care package Eli of Grubbus sent her filled with beautifully wrapped treats like an apron handmade by his wife, olive oil, pecans, honey, and Lamme’s Candies.
Wednesday, Dec. 21
- Amanda of Pickles & Honey on Maggie of Maggie’s Farm gift of AFBA member Kate Payne’s book, A Hip Girl’s Guide to Homemaking, her own cherry dessert sauce, pralines, a TX dish towel, and more!
- Renee of Eat. Live. Blog on the local treats she sent to Laurie of The Lonely Gourmet including Biba, an all-natural drink, a BU T-shirt, Doves and Figs jam, Taza chocolate, Q’s nuts, Oatcakes, lots of reading material, and even the movie Fever Pitch!
- Tara of Boston Food Swap on the gifts she and her blogging buddies sent to John of Luvs2Eat. They went high and low end with both Taza chocolate and Marshmallow Fluff, along with some reading material including a book about life on an oyster farm, homemade apple butter, shortbread, and Q’s nuts.
Tuesday, Dec. 20
- Fred of Grown Away — Adventures in Food on the homemade dark chocolate-covered red velvet cake balls, pickled jalapeno jam, coffee and then chocolate-covered coffee beans, and honey from Jess of forgiving martha.
Monday, Dec. 19
- AFBA member Eli of Grubbus shared Lamme’s candies, Round Rock honey, Texas Olive Ranch olive oil, and a custom-made waitress apron from Etsy with his vegetarian Boston swap buddy, Kat of Eating the Week.
Sunday, Dec. 18
- AFBA member Kristina of Girl Gone Grits is grateful for food swaps and friendship with bloggers near and far. She sent Pam of Cave Cibum salsa, BBQ rub, local honey, and other local goodies from Austin.
Friday, Dec. 16
- Mike of A Mike’s Life shared his love of trailer’s with Janis of Bite Me New England with a copy of AFBA member Tiffany Harelik’s Trailer Food Diaries Cookbook, and diablo sauce from Torchy’s Tacos, among other goodies.
Thursday, Dec. 15
- Amanda of Pickles & Honey on the gorgeous local olive oil, chocolate, and home-baked cookies she packed up for Maggie of Maggie’s Farm
Wednesday, Dec. 14
- Coverage on BostInno, “Austin to Boston Food Swap: An Attempt to Bring Blogging Back to the Olden Days“
Monday, Dec. 12
- Molly of Pop.Bop.Shop. on the magazines, vintage postcards, dried cranberries, and MBTA mug for Mel of The Clothes Make the Girl
- AFBA member Emme of The Kid Can Cook on the salsa, BBQ sauce, Dr Pepper syrup, and salted caramel pear butter she packed up for Carrie of Bakeaholic Mama
- AFBA member Katie of Slow Down and Savor shares her excitement to send a package to Mike of Battlemouth
Thursday, Dec. 8
- Kat of Eating the Week on her Boston-proud gifts and homemade nut butter for Eli of Grubbus
Monday, Dec. 5
- Halley of Blunder Construction on the care package she put together for Julie of Kitschn Calamities
Friday, Dec. 2
- AFBA member Jess of forgiving martha on the care package she put together for Fred of Grown Away
- Fred of Grown Away on the care package he put together for Jess of forgiving martha
Such delicious fun and wonderful new friends!
-Jodi Bart, Tasty Touring
- The Austin to Boston Food Swap Kicks Off (AFBA blog post)
Just wanted to share some GREAT opportunities to find some fun items to share with your Boston food blogger buddy for those participating in the Austin to Boston Food Swap.
Remember — you’ll need to get your package in the mail by December 15th!
Next Wednesday, Dec. 4, Better Bites of Austin is hosting their annual Local Food Holiday Gift Fair at the Domain II from 4 p.m. – 9 p.m. It’s free to attend, is part of Edible Austin Eat Drink Local Week, and will feature local businesses including:
- Arte y Chocolate
- Austin Healthy Cooking (Gourmet Texas Pasta)
- Austin Sugar Works
- Choxolat (sip Chocolate)
- Delysia Chocolatier
- Dos Lunas
- Fat Belly Pretzel
- Hip Girls Guide
- Hot Dang
- Indian Fig Offerings
- Lime Stone Cottage
- Pate Letelier
- Pie Fixes Everything
- Rio’s Brazilian
- Round Rock Honey
- Shibber D’Lites
- Sirius Chocolate
- Sweet Texas
- Texas Hill Country Olive Co
- The Gardeners Feast
- The Pie Society
- Tiny Pies
- Teas of Texas
- Good Seed
- Cedar Park Farmers Market
- Trailer Food Diaries
They’ll be something for every taste!
- Jodi Bart, Tasty Touring