Join the Austin Food Blogger Alliance!
We’re so excited you’d like to join us! Membership in the Austin Food Blogger Alliance has many benefits, including:
- Invitations to members-only events, classes, and informational panels
- Volunteer opportunities within the Austin food community
- Blog promotion via the AFBA website, Twitter feed, and Facebook page
- Invitation to join the members-only Facebook group
- Newsletter with news, event announcements, and more
- The opportunity to connect with more than 100 like-minded Austin food writers
- and more!
We have a few guidelines for membership, listed below. Please make sure to read them carefully, as all applicants must meet each criterion for acceptance.
- Must live in Central Texas (Travis County or the counties immediately adjacent; residents of Dallas, Houston, or San Antonio do not qualify)
- Must have, or contribute to, a blog that meets either of the following two criteria:
- At least two (2) original blog posts about a food related topic posted by you each month for at least the three (3) most recent consecutive months leading up to your application (For example, if you apply May 1, you will need at least two posts in each of February, March, and April.); OR
- At least twelve (12) original blog posts about a food related topic for the current calendar year for which you are applying.*
*For renewing members and new members applying in January of a given year, blog posts for the immediately preceding calendar year will be counted. So if you apply in January of 2018, you will either need 12 blog posts in 2017 OR two posts in each of October, November, and December of 2017.
- Writing on content aggregator sites, such as Yelp, Urbanspoon, Tasted Menu, Foodspotting, etc. and social media accounts, such as Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, etc. does not qualify for membership
- Writers for group blogs, professional bloggers, and bloggers in the food business are encouraged to apply, but must meet all other criteria
- Each blog post must contain a date OR blog must have an “archives” section broken down by month and year.
- Blog posts that are the result of sponsorship, free media events, product reviews, and other company partnerships count toward the minimum requirement, however, all such posts must clearly disclose any affiliation, free product, or possible bias, as outlined by the FTC Endorsement Guides.
- Membership dues are $40 per calendar year for one blog and one blogger and an additional $15 per blogger for blogs with more than one blogger who want to join. Membership dues are due at the time of application. (Click HERE or the button below to pay now via square.) All Membership applications are subject to approval. Dues will be refunded for unqualified applicants within 14 days.
- Members must read and agree to adhere to the Code of Ethics. Members in violation of the Code of Ethics will be subject to review and possible removal from AFBA.
To apply for membership in AFBA, please fill out the application below and pay your dues. Applications are reviewed bi-monthly, and you should hear about the status of your application within two weeks. If you would like to check on the status of your application, or have other questions regarding membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com