In early 2012, we asked members of the Austin Food Blogger Alliance to fill out a survey about their favorite eats and drinks in Austin. Those that filled out the survey first had the opportunity to write a blog post about the category of their choice, to be shared in the 2012 Austin City Guide.
A total of 53 members of the Austin Food Blogger Alliance filled out the 43 category survey, with 45 members pitching in to write over 65 posts for the Austin City Guide. As of this blog post writing, there are currently 107 members of the Alliance. If you are interested in learning more about how to become a member, click here.
The following businesses placed in the top four in multiple categories:
- Contigo and Uchiko — six categories
- Foreign & Domestic, La Condesa, and Uchi — four categories
- Asti, Hopfields, Fonda San Miguel, Justine’s, The Peached Tortilla, Polvos, and Second Bar & Kitchen — three categories
- 24 Diner, Apothecary, Bar Congress, Blue Dahlia, Carillon, Casa de Luz, Counter Cafe, Curra’s, East Side King, Elizabeth Street Cafe, Hai Ky, Jack Allen’s, Kerbey Lane, Kome, Lamberts, Perla’s, The Tigress, Trudy’s, Veggie Heaven, Vino Vino, Vivo, Wasota African Cuisine, Whip in and Wink — two categories
And without further ado, here are the 2012 Austin Food Blogger Favorites:
- TIE: Curra’s, Matt’s El Rancho, Polvos, Trudy’s
- TIE: Chuy’s, Enchiladas Y Mas, Guero’s, Habanero
- Tam Deli
- TIE: Elizabeth Street Cafe, Hai Ky, Pho Dan
- Baguette House
- Foreign & Domestic
- South Congress Cafe
- TIE: Bouldin Creek Coffeehouse, Contigo, Fonda San Miguel, Jack Allen’s, Lamberts
- Foreign & Domestic (North Loop)
- TIE: Blue Dahlia(East Austin) and Asti (Hyde Park)
- TIE: Apothecary (Central Austin), Bess (Downtown), Cipollina (Clarksville) and Elizabeth Street Cafe (South Austin)
- Vino Vino (Central Austin)
- TIE: Gourdough’s and Luke’s Inside Out
- TIE: La Boite, Lulu B’s, The Mighty Cone, Wasota African Cuisine
Which of the groups picks to you agree with? Where do you think we got it wrong? Please do keep in mind that 53 people participated in the survey, and we by no means represent all of Austin, nor is our opinion the last word on the best eats and drinks in town. Feel free to comment here, on our Facebook page, or on Twitter — use the #atxfoodguide hashtag and/or mention us @atxfoodblogs.