Thanks to our partners at The Harvard Common Press and Bob’s Red Mill, we are able to offer three bloggers the opportunity to network, learn, and grow their blogs at the Byte of Texas Conference free of charge. Scholarship winners will receive full conference admission, valued at $199. This will include access to all keynotes, meals, and networking events at the Byte of Texas Conference.
Additionally, these three scholarship recipients will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with a few Byte of Texas experts.
- Adam Salomone, The Harvard Common Press
- Melissa Skorpil, Skorpil Photography
- Lindsay Robison, Whole Foods Market
Whether you are a beginning blogger, writing a book, or looking to grow your blog’s income, the advice and expertise of these speakers will be invaluable.
How to Apply for a Scholarship
Scholarships to the Byte of Texas Conference are open to anyone with a blog, whether or not they are a member of the Austin Food Blogger Alliance. To apply for a scholarship:
- Write a blog post with at least 200 words explaining why you want to attend the Byte of Texas Conference.
- The post can have any format that you want!
- We encourage you to visit the conference website for inspiration for your post. There you can learn more about the conference schedule, speakers, and other cool stuff happening that weekend.
- You must include a link to the Byte of Texas website in your post.
- You must include a link to this blog post in your post.
- You must also leave a comment on this page with a link to your post. We want to be sure to see all of the entries!
- Optional: If you promote your post on social media, please use the #ByteofTexas hashtag so that we can help share your post and drive traffic to your blog.
Posts should be published between August 7-31, 2014. Three scholarship recipients will be selected from all entries. Scholarship recipients will be announced on September 3, 2014
We can’t wait to read your posts!