Austin Food Blogger Alliance started off the year with a fun member happy hour at the East Austin Hotel. Their restaurant Sixth and Waller serves global flavors in a colorful setting and their Upside Bar is a rooftop bar and lounge with views of East 6th and their pool area. Keep reading for more delicious photos!
Take a look at this amazing menu we enjoyed!
Sixth and Waller:
- Whipped goat cheese, peach and grilled bread
- Mini Portabella Reubens portabella mushroom, swiss, sauerkraut, Russian dressing, rye
- Mini Texas Pastrami Reubens house pastrami, swiss, sauerkraut, Russian dressing, rye
- Charred Sesame Garlic Edamame furikake, ginger, sweet soy
- Muhammara yogurt, cilantro, candied walnuts, Aleppo pepper, coriander pita chips
- Vegan Kale Caesar Salad lemon-caper dressing, almonds, millet croutons
- Chilled Garlic-Sesame Udon Noodles smoked mushrooms, scallion, cucumber, watermelon radish, chile oil
- Shrimp & Truffle Grits smoked mushrooms, calabrese chili, arugula, garlic butter, citrus
- Roasted Chicken & Charred Corn Panzanella sourdough croutons, roasted tomato, celery, onion, lime, pan sauce
- Smores Roasting Station Hershey’s chocolate, marshmallows, graham crackers
- Buttermilk Biscuit Beignets café du monde caramel, powdered sugar
- Tahini Ganache Tart dark chocolate, sesame
- Blueberry French Toast Bite pound cake, maple syrup, coconut-maple crunch
- Rice Krispy Treats
Take a look at these social posts from our members:
And here’s a behind the scenes look of our members in action!
Here’s a post from DiscoveringATX about our experience.
Thank you, East Austin Hotel team, for having us and we look forward to many more good eats in the future!