Austin Food Blogger Alliance started off the year with a fun member happy hour at the East Austin Hotel. Their restaurant Sixth and Waller serves global flavors in a colorful setting and their Upside Bar is a rooftop bar and lounge with views of East 6th and their pool area. Keep reading for more delicious photos!
Take a look at this amazing menu we enjoyed!
Sixth and Waller:
- Whipped goat cheese, peach and grilled bread
- Mini Portabella Reubens portabella mushroom, swiss, sauerkraut, Russian dressing, rye
- Mini Texas Pastrami Reubens house pastrami, swiss, sauerkraut, Russian dressing, rye
- Charred Sesame Garlic Edamame furikake, ginger, sweet soy
- Muhammara yogurt, cilantro, candied walnuts, Aleppo pepper, coriander pita chips
- Vegan Kale Caesar Salad lemon-caper dressing, almonds, millet croutons
- Chilled Garlic-Sesame Udon Noodles smoked mushrooms, scallion, cucumber, watermelon radish, chile oil
- Shrimp & Truffle Grits smoked mushrooms, calabrese chili, arugula, garlic butter, citrus
- Roasted Chicken & Charred Corn Panzanella sourdough croutons, roasted tomato, celery, onion, lime, pan sauce
- Smores Roasting Station Hershey’s chocolate, marshmallows, graham crackers
- Buttermilk Biscuit Beignets café du monde caramel, powdered sugar
- Tahini Ganache Tart dark chocolate, sesame
- Blueberry French Toast Bite pound cake, maple syrup, coconut-maple crunch
- Rice Krispy Treats
Take a look at these social posts from our members:
And here’s a behind the scenes look of our members in action!
Here’s a post from DiscoveringATX about our experience.
Thank you, East Austin Hotel team, for having us and we look forward to many more good eats in the future!
East Austin Hotel, Sixth and Waller, The Upside Rooftop Bar
1108 East Sixth Street, Austin, Texas 78702
Website | Facebook | Instagram